A humorous exploration of a Canadian's life in Australia.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

What is my problem with man, you ask? No, I ask you, what was man's problem with me!

Finally, an answer to a question that has plagued me, and many others for many years. This is a sample used to start a great song, "You Don't Know Me" by Armand Van Helden.

Several people thought it was Charlton Heston from either Planet of the Apes or Omega Man... However, I had a hunch that it might be the voice of the actor that plays "The Brain" from "Pinky and the Brain"... Turns out I was right, though it's not from that series. It is from Dexter's Laboratory (Specifically "Dial M for Monkey" episode "Simion".) Played by Maurice LaMarche.

http://onlineplayer.eu/Season-1/dexter-s-rival-dial-m-for-monkey-simion-old-man-dexter-03.html
@10:31.

So, if you haven't come across an answer until now, please watch and enjoy. :)

14 comments:

  1. Oh my god... You solved one of the great riddles haunting my life... I did not even think about the voice so far, but had thought it might be some lines from the hunchback of Notre Dame or of the Beauty and the Beast... but never would have thought of Dexter's Lab... - Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I have wondered that myself - was one who just assumed it was Charlton Heston from PotA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sooooo much. You just made a very happy person all across the world.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was Vincent Price! Plausible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just listening to the song myself now, and I remembered the voice immediately - Love me some Binky and Brain :) - Thanks for finding this mate :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great source for a fantastic song opening

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice blog i love this blog if you want more like like this go on tomandjerry.asia ( THE CAT CONCERTO TOM AND JERRY )

    ReplyDelete
  8. The video here :) https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2s9r5

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maurice LaMarche. Voice acting legend. I met him a couple years ago and really wish I knew it was him on this track at that time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I feel like I've returned home from a distant planet and am safe among my loved ones. AVH fans forevah!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt0PQS23T4M
    1:25

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love you. You are an angel that walks this earth. 7 years later. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Honestly it must be in pinky and the brain cause i thought that too, Mandela effect in full force here

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I live around sunny Brisbane working around the city and generally trying not to make too much of a nuisance of myself.